Carestream Dental Careers
IT/Electronics Support Engineer
As a Support Engineer you will become a technical expert for Carestream Dental's range of hardware and software solutions, for their global customer base. You will be dealing with a large variety of technical problems and work with R&D to find solutions. In addition you will be writing documentation for new products, including training material and then provide training for technicians on a global basis.
Due to the global nature of the role, you must be bilingual in French and English. Full product training will be provided to ensure you have technical expertise required. You will either have previous experience of technical support or be graduated Engineer and be looking for a trainee position.
The main elements of the role are:
- Provide technical answers to customers (internal and external) as part of Service Engineering (Level 3 support). Over the telephone and through online live discussion.
- Improve the technical quality of responses (work on diagnostic methods). Conduct testing to recreate the problem and provide a solution.
- Capitalise on the information to reduce recurring incidents, by collaborating with all of the Company's Services (R & D, Methods, Production, Quality, Marketing) and the regional support team.
- Ensure service guide updates in the life of a product.
- Escalate when necessary to the R & D department to find a solution.
- Write technical communications, such as Tech news, notices, and training documents.
- Know the different technologies (mechanical electrics and electronics).