Education Specialist / Corporate Trainer
Organization: GCC -- Dental Marketing & Business Development WW
Position Reports to: Director, Global Educational Development
Under minimal supervision, works as part of the Global Educational Development team to develop, deliver, and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity. Collaborates with global leaders to be a resource for employee training that supports Carestream Dental's mission and goals.
- Works with Director and eLearning Specialist to develop strategies and technologies that leverage digital media to instruct and educate Carestream Dental employees -- US and Global.
- Acts as the primary administrator of the learning management system, the Carestream Dental Institute, for employees maintaining employee accounts, assignments, and communication with global contacts responsible for training in their region.
- Actively participates in The Exchange as a backup to the Community Manager and moderators with the goal of being an internal resource. As an educator, this role would focus on researching, testing, and recommending social media tactics to support internal users so that they help drive client engagement and self-help.
- Designs and coordinates training programs based on organizational and employee needs using traditional and new learning strategies.
- Participates in the development or selection and the evaluation of training materials to sustain the above (including but not limited to online discussion groups, podcasts, web seminars, YouTube channels, etc.).
- Provides regular new employee training and other training as dictated by business needs (e.g., new software system rollouts).
- Educates and partners with global managers on their role in employee training. Provides direction and standards in the creation of training and tracking for all required for every role in the organization.
- Creates, administers, analyzes, and reports on employee progress; recommends and integrates training improvement strategies based on findings.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure that training offerings are aligned with the overall product, marketing and service strategies of the company.
- Maintains standards for all work with a goal of content that has a consistent look and feel while being accurate and thorough.
- Acts as backup to the eLearning team as needed.
- Considers adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies for training implemented throughout Carestream Dental.
- Adheres to departmental and corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) for all materials with a goal that each piece has a consistent look and feel while being accurate and thorough.
- Incorporates evaluation into each project to ensure that our approach and delivery are appropriate.
- Is mindful of the company's and department's mission statements in the creation of all materials.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Team-oriented approach to work
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where developing cross-functional relationships to derive winning solutions is valued
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with job functions and responsibilities from project to project
- Creativity and flexibility, customer service, conflict resolution, problem solving, innovation and big picture thinking are required
- Skilled proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.) with ability to quickly learn new specialized software programs
- Ability to command and conduct training and evaluation sessions in a classroom setting with enthusiasm and clarity
- Expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training
- Risk-taker - challenges conventional solutions