Carestream Dental Careers
The Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator position is a key role for an enthusiastic self-starter. Strong organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/ long term priorities and strong multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/ improving/ exceeding business requirements for targeted customer service levels, managing transportation carriers, 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) providers, and Customs Brokers within the country and/or region. The individual will work directly with sales operations, worldwide planners, service engineers and vendors to import replenishment orders and distribute customer/dealer orders. This position requires a strong customer focused mindset and an ability to work across functional boundaries while driving change. The responsibilities for this role are:
- Prepare import documentation to release materials with Customs
- Daily follow up with source regarding all open PO´s to check availability of material at the warehouse; information shared with Sales and Planning
- Request import license to import materials.
- Coordinate with source of supply to deliver products on time.
- Review import license status with the planning team on a daily basis.
- Prepare reports to Accounts Payable each month to pay suppliers.
- Generate monthly duty payment report (where applicable).
- Work with Country Minister of Health (or federal agency regulating Health products) to resolve issues when shipments are held in Customs.
- Work with Broker to release materials with government.
- Represent Carestream Dental in meetings with Government.
- Generate PO´s into SRM system to pay providers.
- Audit inbound materials to validate the use of proper HTS code, product classifications, Free Trade Agreements (where applicable).
- Establish process and procedures to operate Foreign Trade.
- Evaluate current import legislation and support Legal department to attend government needs and support new product launches, portfolio rationalization, discontinuances and source of supply changes.
- Coordinate 3PL warehouse to receive all imported materials.
- Report any damage to source (defect tracking).
- Perform inventory control with 3PL (quarantine, scrap, cycle counting, expire date, evaluate discrepancies, perform adjustment, request credit/debit memo).
- Manage KPI performance with 3PL warehouse, transportation carriers and customs broker quarterly.
- Coordinate audits (internal and external) related to 3PL and Customs Broker.
- Analysis of IVA (Inventory Valuation Adjustments) materials.
- Participate on Morning Market to report issues.
- Coordinate transportation to customers.
- Perform monthly cost analysis for transportation and warehouse operation, brokerage fees and duty payments.
- Participate in meetings with Sales department to understand priorities.
- Participate with Purchasing during negotiations with providers.